1. To develop a dynamic market-based fisheries industry through creative and innovative approaches.
2. To manage the national fishery resources in an efficient, innovative and environmental friendly manner based on scientific information and good governance.
3. To enhance the delivery system through skillful, knowledgeable and professional human capital.
1. To realize the production of 3.02 million tonnes of food fish through an optimum contribution of 1.577 million tonnes from capture fisheries and 1.443 million tonnes from aquaculture.
2. To attain an average annual growth rate of 10% and 12% for seaweed and ornamental fish respectively.
3. To attain ISO Certification by the year 2020 for all principal activities of the Department through good and proper governance.
4. To develop and commercialise 10 new technologies by the year 2020.
5. To ensure the minimum monthly income of the fisheries target group is more than RM 3000.
6. To increase private investment by RM 10 billion by the year 2020.