Extension & Transfer of Technology Division
- Dissemination and delivery of fishery information to fishermen, operators and the fisheries industry.
- Development of food industry and fishery product innovations.
- Development of fishermen communities through resources management activities and local economic activities.
- Transfer of modern technology to target groups such as fishermen, entrepreneurs and the fishery industry.
- Extension Services in the marine, inland fisheries, aquaculture and food industry sectors.
- Strengthening the skills of target groups to entrepreneurs and the fishery industry.
- Dissemination of promotions and information.
Extension & Fisheries Community Branch
- Supervise and coordinate the extension service system of the Department of Fisheries Malaysia.
- Supervise and coordinate the department’s extension service support programme through the fisheries community (myKP) and individual (KJP) approach with the target group, breeders and fisheries operators.
- Supervise, coordinate and obtain feedback on current issues in fisheries through engagement programmes implemented at the field level with the department’s target group to the department’s superiors for remedial action.
- Supervise, coordinate, plan and evaluate fisheries extension service programmes implemented at the state and district levels to the fishery community.
- Supervise, coordinate and implement the iPP (Fisheries Extension Integration) methodology to extension staff for the strengthening, monitoring, evaluation and audit of fisheries community programmes.
- Supervise and coordinate fisheries development support services programmes to target groups.
- Supervise and implement the Special Fishermen’s Housing Project (PKPN) under the Inland Fishermen’s Housing Project (PPND).
- Supervise, plan and coordinate target group transformation programmes through extension services approach such as interaction events, awareness campaigns, technology transfer briefings, conventions, workshops, seminars and demonstrations.
- Supervise and implement subsistence allowance programmes and socio-economic studies of inland fishermen. Implement a New Technology pilot project based on an ecosystem & volunteerism approach.
Promotion & Information Branch
- Supervise, coordinate and implement the Department’s exhibition and promotion programmes to ensure that the target group and the public obtain the Department’s information.
- To plan and supervise the procurement and printing of Departmental Publications to ensure that staff, target groups and the public obtain information from the Department.
- Provide the expertise of Photographers, Audio Visual Equipment and Printed Materials to Ministries/ Agencies/ State Offices, including the private sector for exhibition preparation, publication of printed materials and electronic media related to the fishing industry.
Innovation & Entrepreneur Development Branch
- Supervise and coordinate fisheries technology transfer and innovation activities.
- Coordinate and implement fisheries entrepreneur development programmes.
- Coordinate technical skills strengthening programmes in and outside the country.
- Coordinate activities to strengthen the Fisheries Technology Development Centre & Incubator Centre of the Department of Fisheries.
- Supervise and implement the Insitu Demonstration Programme and the Industry Exposure Programme.
- Implement technology transfer workshops and seminars.
- Provide advisory and technical services on new technologies to the target group.
- Conduct experimentation and adaptation of technology & innovation.
- Coordinate entrepreneur development programmes under MAFI such as Young Agropreneur Programme, Agrotourism, CUP and HIP Food Industry Matching Grant and Rezeki Tani.